The Dos and Donts of Fire Safety
If fire has already struck your home, we are here to help you. If the damage is done from a fire, we would like to suggest to you a few things that make things easier for you until we arrive.
- Keep movement in the home to a minimum. Constant moving will embed soot particles into carpet and upholstery
- Wash any soot from chrome appliances including faucets and any trim. Then lightly coat these surfaces with a small amount of lubricant.
- Wash both sides of leaves on all house plants. They most likely have ash on them.
- Attempt to wash any walls without contacting a SERVPRO expert
- Attempt to clean or shampoo a carpet until professional help arrives
- Eat any food or beverages that may have been stored near fire, heat or water – they may be contaminated
For more information, contact us at 909-399-9057 today. We would love to help.