Cigarette Fire, Here We Come To Help
When approaching this Rancho Cucamonga condominium, our fire restoration technicians could still smell the recent blaze from down the street. When they approached the entrance, they immediately had to put on masks since the smell was so strong.
The fire was caused by a cigarette that was still lit. The owner thought he had put it out before he took a nap, but unfortunately that was not the case. Thank goodness he was safe and sound, but from a small ember of the cigarette, it lit a curtain on fire. After quickly extinguishing it, he gave us a call right away. After inspecting the damage, we got to work. We cleaned the entire affected bedroom with our specialty products. We used our SERVPRO sponges to clean all the soot and ash off the walls, cleaned out the HVAC and air ducts as well as fogged afterwards to make sure the smoke smell was no longer there. The owner was very pleased when he found his home just the way it used to be.
Accidents happen all the time. If you have recently been victimized by a fire in your home or office, give us a call at 909-399-9057 to schedule an inspection – we are here to help.