Backyard Fires and Safety Tips
With April here (already!), the sun begins to come out from the clouds and warm up the days. This is the time to enjoy picnics, backyard parties and baby showers with the fire pit that has been put away since before winter. While participating in outdoor events is wonderful, it can also increase the chance of fires. Not to worry! By following these easy steps, you can help prevent any accidents from happening while protecting your family and friends.
Backyard Fire Safety Tips
- The next backyard bash you host, make sure there is a safety net between your guests and an open flame like a fire pit or a barbeque
- If your using candles to keep bugs and mosquitoes away, consider placing them in an area that is resistant to the flame
- Consider battery operated or flameless candles for decoration. They give off a very nice glow!
- Always have an adult present over a controlled fire
- Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away from open flames
Fore more safety tips on fire prevention or you have recently experienced a fire in the home, reach out to us at 909-399-9057.