Being Prepared for an Outage After a Storm
One of the things we can’t control is the weather. While Mother Nature always has a way of making rain and thunderstorms create chaos, there are a few things to keep in mind. Before the big storm hits, make sure you are prepared for an outage. The tips below will help you prepare and know what other nifty things to have on hand.
- Keep a flashlight with batteries close by
- Have a non-electric can opener on hand
- Guarantee a 2-week food supply is made up of of canned / packaged goods
- To add onto the food supply, always keep a 2-week supply of water for every person in your household
- Have a battery – powered radio handy for the latest news
- Open the refrigerator as little as possible during outages. This will allow food to last longer
If the storm has already hit, please give us a call at 909-399-9057 so we can help you on what to do next.