Restoring Your Claremont / Montclair Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Claremont and Montclair commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet our Staff
- SSI - Substrate Subfloor Introduction
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- IICRC Certified Firm
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- SMT - Stone, Masonry and Ceramic Tile Cleaning Technician
- SCI/SPI/SEN - Carpet Inspector
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- LCT - Leather Cleaning Technician
- FCT - Floor Care (Hard Surfaces) Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- OSHA - Other Training
- MSI - Marble and Stone Inspector
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Faster to your Claremont or Montclair Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (909) 399-9057
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
It's Kitten Season
Claremont / Montclair kittens may be seen in transit
Kitten Season arrived with a big bang and local shelters and rescues are overflowing with underage kittens right about now.
PLEASE CONSIDER THESE TIPS IF YOU FIND A NEST OF UNDERAGE KITTENS:
It is important that you do not take pre-weaned kittens away from their mother. Only take them in if, after watching for several hours, you are 100% certain she is not returning.
A mother cat will periodically leave her nest to hunt for food. If you see young kittens without their mother, it is likely she will return. It is always better for young kittens to remain with their mother. Pre-weaned kittens (under 4 weeks) have a high mortality rate. The mother should return to the nest within a few hours if you watch quietly from a distance.
A mother cat will also regularly move her nest of kittens instinctively. If you see a single young kitten, it is likely that it’s the first of the group moved to a new location or the last of the group in the old location.
If you aren't sure if the mother is tending to the nest. Sprinkle flour all around the nest and you will be able to see mother's paw prints. If you are hanging around the nest, she is not likely to return while you are watching.
Local shelters and rescues will fill up quickly with newborn kittens so if you decide to rescue pre-weaned kittens you may need to care for them yourself if you can't find space at a shelter / rescue. Be prepared for this. If you decide to move the newborn kittens from their nest YOU NEED TO HAVE A PLAN, they will need immediate care and attention from you. Do not move them unless you are prepared and have a plan.
If they are in imminent danger, then of course immediately move them to safety.
Does Your Home or Business Have A Mold Problem?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair
Claremont/Montclair Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home or Business
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today at (909) 399-9057
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore any home or business in Claremont and Montclair
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair provides 24 hour fire, water and mold damage restoration and is ready to respond
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (909) 399-9057
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.