Hardwood Floors to All-Wooden Doors
Refinishing a hardwood floor.
Hardwood flooring and wooden doors/trim can give any house a beautiful, warm touch. But keeping them shiny, and scratch free can be a difficult feat. Here's some tips to help you with the upkeep of your wood floor and decor. The first step would be to use a soft dust mop or vacuum to remove dirt, dust, pet hair, and any other debris that could potentially scratch the floor. Since this doesn't remove built-up grime, scuff marks, and minor scratches. We suggest a commercial grade, liquid floor cleaner (You can also make your own cleaner by mixing one part vinegar to 10 parts warm water. Then add a few drops of liquid Castile soap and viola, homemade floor cleaning). For other deep scratches, dark scuff marks, and faded hardwood flooring, Call your local SERVPRO today. See what we can do for you!
Cleaning Your Air Ducts, Is it Really ?That Important?
Ever think about what inside your air vents could look like?
Did you know that, in certain circumstances, Duct Cleaning can increase your efficiency by up to 40%? That's a lot of money back into your pocket every month. Duct Cleaning is a process that can differ depending on each air system we come across, but the end result is the same... clean-air, and a more healthy home and atmosphere. We use special equipment to ensure safety of the air quality in your home. This includes special filters, ventilation equipment, containment barriers, and more. (For safety reasons, professional duct cleaning is often performed when your home is unoccupied, such as nights and weekends)
Here are some preventative actions you can take to reduce your need for Duct Cleaning.
1. You should be changing your air filter on the regular.
2. Try to always maintain good housekeeping practices, including regular cleaning/dusting to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
3. Have your duct-work routinely inspected, and regularly schedule professional maintenance.
Carpet Cleaning 101
Our "Magic Wand" that makes dirt, bacteria, and various carpets bugs disappear.
Carpet flooring is essential to most-any home, yet is often found to be the most bacteria ridden place. We usually suggest getting carpets thoroughly cleaned at least once every 6 months. Yet most people either never, or very rarely even think of it at all. (and no, vacuuming does not count as Carpet Cleaning). The air blown from a standard household vacuum if often a beacon, just shooting out germs into breathing air. Side Fact: The "Five-Second Rule" is a myth and it is proven that on carpet, bacteria can live and thrive for more than four weeks... that's more like 2,419,200 seconds.
Now, these facts are not to scare people. But to more inform everyone of the safety hazards (including bacteria build-up), and some simple way to minimize exposure, and keep YOUR home clean!
SERVPRO offers a Deep Carpet Cleaning. Using only state-of-the-art equipment, the most powerful stain removers, disinfectants, and deodorizers. Contact your local SERVPRO for a quote now!
Carpet Cleaning 101
Oh no! Red Wine on the White Carpet.
As Microbiologists have proven, carpets can hold a lot of bacteria, various bugs, and can become visually stained with ease. SERVPRO's best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with dirt/soil/bacteria. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the carpet fibers. If you wait until your carpets become too dirty, the carpets may never be brought back to their former appearance. Side Fact: If you spill red wine on your carpet, the best course of action is to pour white wine on top, this creates the initial condition of the red wine making it easier to remove. Then dab with paper towel. Repeat process until stain is removed.
Have pet stains? Spilled juice on the wall-to-wall carpet? SERVPRO is here to help. Call us today. With over 1,700 Franchises nationwide, there’s a SERVPRO Professional nearby and ready to serve you!
Do you know where your main water shut off valve(s) is located?
This is an example of the tag we would use on your main shut offs!
Well, do you? Learning how to shut off your home or business's main water line in an emergency can avoid costly water damage and save you lots of time, stress, and money. Over 110 gallons of water can flow out of a broken 1" pipe Every. Single. Minute. Do you see how knowing where, and knowing how to shut off the main water line as quickly as possible is so important? Good. Now, if you do not know where your shut off valve(s) are located, dont worry! You can always call your local SERVPRO branch to come locate, tag, and explain how to properly shut off the main water valve(s) for you. We will put a bright tag on it, so there is never confusion. With all the numbers you might need for a water related emergency. Call the number below to get your lines tagged with SERVPRO!
Restoring Your Claremont / Montclair Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Claremont and Montclair commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet our Staff
- SSI - Substrate Subfloor Introduction
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- IICRC Certified Firm
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- SMT - Stone, Masonry and Ceramic Tile Cleaning Technician
- SCI/SPI/SEN - Carpet Inspector
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- LCT - Leather Cleaning Technician
- FCT - Floor Care (Hard Surfaces) Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- OSHA - Other Training
- MSI - Marble and Stone Inspector
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Faster to your Claremont or Montclair Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (909) 399-9057
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont / Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Home or Business Have A Mold Problem?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair
Claremont/Montclair Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home or Business
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today at (909) 399-9057
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore any home or business in Claremont and Montclair
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair
SERVPRO of Claremont/Montclair specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.